What is gelatin?
This ingredient is made of glycine and proline, amino acids that people do not consume in the adequate amounts for they are found in the fibrous tissues, bones, and organs people do not eat nowadays. The amino acids are highly important for a good condition of the skin, hair, and nail growth, as well as weight regulation and optimal immune function. Glycine makes 1/3 of the amino acids in this ingredient and it provides anti-inflammatory properties in order to improve sleep quality and heal the wounds.
Why is gelatin given to the people in hospitals?
This food is regarded as a liquid and can be easily digested. Some patients are given gelatin as their stomach cannot handle any food. When someone is recovering, their body needs something which can be digested easily, making the jello a perfect solution. Jello is a gelatin with some food color, and it may improve the digestive strength and gut integrity though enhancing the gastric acid secretion and restoring the healthy mucosal lining in the stomach. It absorbs the water and helps in keeping the digestive tract’s fluids, promoting healthy bowel movements and intestinal transit.
- Improves joint and bone health due to the amino acids it contain which strengthen the joint cartilage;
- Improves digestion due to its natural binding with water, and also assists the food move easily through the digestive tract;
- It is high in proteins, only 1 tbsp. of it contains 5 gr of it;
- Gelatin is high in keratin which is perfect for the health of our nails, teeth, skin, and hair;
- Eliminates toxins due to the amino acid glycine is being able to help the liver in removing toxins from the system;
- Assists with food and allergies intolerance, heals the digestive tract, and the stomach lining;
- Heals the wounds faster due to the glycine levels it contains which provide anti-inflammatory and healing properties;
- Improves the elasticity of the skin for it consists of collagen. If you consume it regularly, you will feel younger and healthier;
- Helps in the process of losing weight and stimulates the human growth hormone production, boosting the metabolism;
- Helps you sleep better and improves the sleep quality. If you consume it on regular basis you will be able to shake off the drowsiness and improve cognitive function.
How to prepare a delicious jelly?
- 3 tbsp. of unflavored gelatin;
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries or orange juice;
- 1 cup of green tea;
- 1 cup of orange juice (freshly squeezed);
- Honey or stevia.
How to prepare it: cook the green tea and add the honey/stevia. After this, add the gelatin and mix well until the solution dissolves. Remove it from the stove and let it cool down. Then, add the orange juice and mix it well. Finally, pour the content in a container and store it in a fridge for 3 hours.