There are easy exercises you can do at your home in order to reduce your dreaded enemy, the muffin top. This is extra weight which hangs over the top of your pants. The professional and certified trainer Matt gives these 5 easy exercises:
- The high plank – lay on the floor in a push-position and keep your buttocks tight while your navel toward your spine. Raise yourself to a plank position and hold like that for 15 minutes. Then lower yourself back to the floor. Repeat the exercise 10 times.
- The lunge reach – stand up and spread your feet at hip width. Bend the knees slightly and place your arms aside. Raise them above your head and lunge forward with the left leg. Push off your left leg to return. Repeat the lunge 16 times by switching sides.
- The hands-up hop – stand up with your feet apart at hip width and bend the knees slightly. Place the hands on your hips and raise the right knee a step forward with the left foot. Extend the arms overhead and hop straight up on the left leg. Land with your feet together and hands on your hips. Repeat it 20 times by switching sides.
- The squat jump – you may feel burn while you do this exercise. Stand with the feet apart at shoulder width. Bend the knees slightly and place your hands by your sides. Lift your arms overhead and squat. Then jump straight up. Lower your hands by your sides and land in a squat. Repeat it 12 times.
- The lunge jump – bend your left leg and place your arms overhead in a lunge position. Jump straight up and switch legs in mid-air so that you land in a lunge with the right leg in front. Repeat the exercise 12 times for every side.
Now, let’s get to work and prepare our bodies for the beach.