Your bake-ware has years of caked-on food, burnt cookies, and rust. You are thinking about throwing them, but that is not the solution. You have to try some home methods to clean them up.
They are usually made of glass, stainless steel, and aluminum, thus each type is cleaned differently. They will look like new.
It is considered as the best cookware as it is high quality and sturdy, but they rust and get dirty. This is how you will clean it.
- You will need: baking soda, abrasive scrubbing pad/sponge, and hydrogen peroxide.
- Method of cleaning: sprinkle a layer of baking soda, then another layer of hydrogen peroxide, and finally one more layer of baking soda. Let it stay for 1-2 hours and then scrub the stains off. In case the stains are very bad, then you can take a rag or a regular sponge to scrub the gunk away instead of something abrasive. In case you don’t have hydrogen peroxide, you can take warm water with baking soda.
Rust will be more difficult for cleaning than he regular stains, thus it requires a significant technique.
- You will need: oven cleaner, abrasive pad, plastic wrap, and pumice cleaner.
- Method of cleaning: sprinkle pumice cleaner on the affected spots and scrub the rust away with an abrasive pad. If it is still there, you can spray the rust stains with oven cleaner, wrap in plastic wrap and let it stay overnight. In the morning, unwrap it and place it in a hot oven at 150oF for 20 minutes. Take it out and let it cool off. Afterwards, soak it in hot and soapy water for half an hour and scrub the rust off with an abrasive pad.
This material is a bit cheaper than the steel and stainless products, but cooks very well. However, it is still prone to stains. In this way you can remove them.
- You will need: distilled white vinegar, a pot, water, and scrubbing pad.
- Method of cleaning: put equal amounts of water and white vinegar in a pot and bring it to boil. Let it cool at a room temperature and saturate the pad in the mixture and scrub the stains. Rinse it well with soapy water and let it dry.
They tend to look gross very fast, but there is a way how to make them look like new.
- You will need: dish soap, baking soda, and regular sponge.
- Method of cleaning: fill the pan with baking soda and then add the dish soap, filling it then with hot water. Let it stay for 15 minutes. Next, empty the dish and scrub it with a regular sponge. Sprinkle some baking powder on the tough spots while you are scrubbing.
You can use a Magic Eraser and hot water to clean the stains, but it requires more elbow grease.
Do not use aluminum foil or white vinegar in cleaning glass cookware, as they won’t clean it thoroughly.
Share your tricks and tips of cleaning with us.