We all now hat aging is inevitable, so due to the fact that it will happen anyways, why don’t we make it gracefully?
Our lives are a result of many choices and all the habits and vices add up in determining the quality of life. You can keep the youthful glow at any age by changing your lifestyle. These are some habits which cause you to age much faster.
- Giving into cravings – make sure that treats do not become a habit especially sweets. They can rigger cytokines that causes inflammation. Moreover, if you excessively consume sugar, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and cancer can appear. Physical aging is also affected by sugar, the skin becomes puffier, tired-looking, and with more wrinkles. If give into carving too often loss of control and mistrust of self can occur.
- Using alcohol as a problem solver – it is healthy for you to drink a glass of wine at the end of the day, but a whole bottle will not do any good. Increased inflammation and slow metabolism is what is caused with heavy drinking. Moreover, it can cause liver degeneration. You might think that alcohol will help you escape reality, but that will not solve your problem. Emotions that are not dealt with on time can resurface as bigger issues later. You can try writing which will help you work through them. In this way you can get to a resolution, but will also get a better understanding of yourself.
- Not loving yourself – mostly people focus on the s=daily chores without paying much attention to their happiness. Thus, make sure that you take time for yourself. That can be reading a book, drinking your favorite tea, or signing up for an art class. If you invest into yourself, you will be more satisfied each day and this will contribute to your wellness overall.
- Living a chemical life – chemicals can be found everywhere. Household goods we use daily contain parabens, phthalates, and sulfates which poison our bodies and mess with our hormones. Everything which comes into contact with your skin has to be free of toxins, thus try using organic products with limited ingredients. Read the labels.
- Exercising for the wrong reasons – those people who exercise as they fear getting fat miss all the fun. Positive attitude is a key to healthy routine. If you feel guilty about your weight it will lead to circular thinking: eat too much, exercise too much, and repeat. When your body is moved, the body releases endorphin, the “happy hormone”, thus if you exercise too hard or have negative attitude while working out, you will not feel the pleasure.
- Not prioritizing intimacy – it is essential for your health being intimate with your partner as regular sexual contact will lead to stronger immune system and results also in a better response to stress. Moreover, it will strengthen your relationship. Intimacy will be negatively impacted if you lead a busy life, while spontaneous sex is often pushed back in well-established couples. In case you find your sex life declining, schedule it in and anticipate time with your partner which will lead to delayed gratification and stronger libido.
- Being too serious – even though things in life are serious it does not mean that you should take everything seriously. Better smile than frown. Sometimes let go and see the humor in your challenges. The key to a long life is optimism. Eventually everything blows over and you might even forget what had upset you in the past.
- Being antisocial – you will relax if you spend time with your friends as they can offer you different perspective on the challenges and push you to chase dreams. It is very easy to catch up in work and forget to have fun. If you break your plans with your friends is breaking a promise to yourself. Do not let our responsibilities overshadow recharging your batteries. Throw a dinner, combine your friend groups if you can’t find time for everybody. Longer and happier life will result from maintaining friendships.
- Forgetting to forgive – you will waste time if you hold grudges. Thus, move forward as in that way you only spend energy to hold yourself back. High blood pressure, depression, anxiety, and stress can result from grudges. If you do not ask for forgiveness you will feel guilt, lack of control, apathy, and hopelessness. You should also learn to forgive yourself like the expectations that were not met, the hurt it caused you, and the time it took to move on. This will set your heart free.
- Chronic under-sleeping – 7-9 hours’ sleep is how much adults need. The sleep hormone named melotonin repairs the DNA and the cells while you sleep. Moreover, the human growth hormone vital for muscle tone and vitality is also active during bedtime. If you get too little sleep your life will be dramatically shortened as lack of sleep affects you physically and psychologically. The effects that you have not slept enough can be seen on your face. If this happens to often it will result in dark circles under the eyes, sunken cheeks, and unbalanced skin. Missing out sleep will cause you to feel sluggish during the day and you will become prone to craving of high-calories foods for quick energy burst that is leading to obesity and imbalanced blood sugar levels.